The Core Works
The works have been carefully chosen based on their iconic quality, teachable moments and to give breadth to your child's musical learning. Your child will study these works throughout their school career to give them a deep engagement and appreciation with each piece.
Interactive activities encourage students to engage with the works and key concepts while developing connections between the pieces, as well as other subjects. Your child will learn the history and movement behind influential pieces, while improving their own physical coordination and self-expression.
365体育足球比分网Core works include:
- Space, Time and Dance: Merce Cunningham: RainForest
- Dance as a Dramatic Expression: Martha Graham: Appalachian Spring
- Spiritual Dance, Ancient Roots: Bharatanatyam: Krishna Nee Begane and Sthithi Gati
- Folk Origins and Forms: Flamenco: Alegrías, Farruca, and Soleá
- Dance that Tells a Story: Marius Petipa: The Sleeping Beauty
- Dancer As Citizen: Kurt Jooss: The Green Table
- Cultures Connect: Shen Wei: Re-(III)
- From Street to Stage: Rennie Harris: Continuum and Unlocked
- Choreographer of Today: Specifically selected active artist from Juilliard’s network of alumni. Current Choreographer of Today: John Heginbotham